According to question, democracy seems to be universal medicine for countries those want new life.
Let’s look at some facts:
- China took 30 years to rise to second biggest economic entity
- China took 20 years to modernized military and becomes one of the top ranked military powers
- China has successfully fed 1. 4 billion and improved GDP from hundreds to 10k.
- China has built the longest high speed rail network, more than the sum of the rest
- China is leading in 5G, Quantum, High power laser, Satellite positioning system, ICBM, infrastructure etc. Not to mention Chineae space station will soon be the only space station available
- Chinese government has over 80% approval rate from its people
I think those are sufficient to carry on.
With recognized contribution to its nation and international economy, will democracy come near to such achievement? Is there any democracy country achieved such efficiency, long term planning, improving people’s life, accumulating wealth without war and financial oppression?
If not, I cannot see why democracy is the only way.
Democracy is designed for individualist, one party system is best fitted for collectivist. Chinese is collectivist as you can see how Chinese work together to fight national crisis. Even overseas Chinese has contributed a great deal to China whenever is in need, by donating mask and protective clothing, medical supplies etc to China.
So, no, democracy is not the best solution for China, at least in next 5 decades.
Besides, it is too far before China reaching dead end. COVID-19 is a crisis for China. China and Chinese people are confident to overcome it without any issue.